Chicago indie band the Darling Suns (Robert, Lindsey, John and Charlie) joined the show this week for for a live performance of their fantastic song “Raspberry Homecoming” (from “Midnight Feelings”) and hot dogs from Johnny’s Red Hot Hots in Naperville. Discussed this week:
- Is Naperville the “swingers capital of the midwest?”
- I didn’t have a beard when I started my commute to Naperville.
- The band abandoned me, forcing me to monologue. That said, I needed the opportunity to plug upcoming guests (Riot Fest, Isaiah Sharkey, Engines, Sincere Engineer, etc.).
- The new album, “Midnight Feelings.” We go deep in our discussion, but the top line info is that it’s great.
- Darling Suns deliver familiar sounds, but put together in new and interesting ways.
Car Con Carne is presented by the Autobarn Mazda of Evanston