Skeleton Key Brewery (8102 Lemont Road in Woodridge) is a fantastic craft brewery with a variety of inventive and delicious beers. That’s where this episode was recorded, as co-owner Paul Slayton and I were joined by musician Henry Scherrer (The Spectral Silhouette Radio Show, Black Bolts, Jukebox JBC).
Discussed in this episode:
- The horrible tornado that destroyed Skeleton Key, and the subsequent 11-month rebuild.
- Why the craft brewing scene is the opposite of what people might expect.
- The vibe, approach and sensibility of Skeleton Key.
- Henry’s creation of the Spectral Silhouette Radio Show, and its evolution to the live stage and podcasting platforms.
- The next appearance of the Spectral Silhouette Radio Show at Skeleton Key (12/15/22).
- Future plans for the Spectral Silhouette.
- Bar food: You’ve gotta go with horseradish cheese and crackers.
I enjoy the hell out of Paul and Henry. I hope you’ll listen to this episode, and then check out both Skeleton Key and the Spectral Silhouette Radio Show!
Looking for a holiday gift or something cool to read on a road trip this season?
Try Ninety Days in the 90s: A Rock N Roll Time Travel Story. It’s the ultimate novel about the ’90s and Chicago’s music scene.
Join record store owner Darby on her trip back to 1990s Chicago as she jumps on the Grey Line to time travel back to her carefree twenties, soaking up all the pop culture and rock n roll nostalgia you could ever imagine.
Get a signed copy at 90daysinthe90s.com