As music fans, our relationship with Fishbone has outlasted most of our personal and in some cases, familial relationships. From that first EP in 1985 through countless, life affirming, get up and move live shows, including some amazing album plays here in Chicago at Riot Fest, Fishbone’s been an essential band through the decades.
They’ll be back in Chicago Labor Day weekend for a show at Bottom Lounge on Saturday, September 3….
Joining me on Car Con Carne is Fishbone’s Lead singer/sax player/theremin player ANGELO MOORE.
Discussed in this episode:
- How’s everybody in Fishbone getting along?
- Fishbone’s main stage role on the first Lollapalooza tour.
- How Fishbone learned they lost their major label record deal.
- The troubles with the music industry.
- Fallout from the Will Smith “slap.”
- Is it vindicating to be an influence on some of the biggest alt bands of the past 30 years?
- Why aren’t more artists speaking their mind?
- WIll there be new Fishbone music in the future?
- Angelo’s various non-Fishbone projects
- Chicago loves Fishbone.
Now is the time to go solar! Introducing Transparent Solar. With zero money down, you can go solar and enjoy benefits like a 25 year warranty, saving money on your electric bill after installation and increasing your home value. Go to sopelsolar.com to learn more!