Richard Patrick and Jonny Radtke of Filter talked with Car Con Carne before the Tinley Park date of the “Freaks on Parade” tour (Rob Zombie / Alice Cooper / Ministry / Filter).
The conversation happened weeks after the release of the new Filter album, “The Algorithm,” a high water mark for a band with an already-strong catalog and history.
Covered in this episode:
* The tour (“no stinkers in the bunch”)
* Richard’s reconciliation with Trent Reznor, and the subsequent good vibes
* “The Algorithm” – The songs, and the stories behind their creation.
* Sharing personal and political thoughts in song: Does Richard ever think he should be more abstract?
* The unlikely music discovery Richard made that led to cool sounds and moments on “The Algorithm.”
* The perils and legit horrors attached to celebrity.
I really enjoyed and got a lot out of this conversation … hope you enjoy it!
Car Con Carne is presented by Alex Ross Art. Visit Alex Ross on YouTube! Be sure to also visit alexrossart.com to see his work and get your hands on an original piece.
Car Con Carne is also sponsored by NINETY DAYS IN THE ’90s (www.90daysinthe90s.com), by Andy Frye. Take the “Grey Line” back in time to 90s Chicago and relive all the music, moments and pop culture! Get your copy from Amazon, or wherever awesome books are sold.
Car Con Carne is also sponsored by Easy Automation (easy-automation.net).
Are you a home owner? Are you ready for a truly “smart home?” Doesn’t the idea of minimizing your energy usage while maximizing your comfort sound good?
Easy Automation will help you find the customized solution that’s right for you. Their team has 30 years of collective experience in the industry and will tailor a service package that fits your lifestyle and needs.
Get a quote by visiting Easy-automation.net, or call at 630.730.3728