Just two years ago, Rolling Stone named Emma White one of “10 New Country Stars to Watch.” Now she’s in my car with burgers from Haymarket Pub & Brewery (737 W. Randolph). I love everything about Haymarket. Great food. Great beer.
In between performing on “Windy City Live” and hitting the stage at Haymarket, Emma and her band joined me for conversation. Discussed:
- The challenges of navigating the music industry, particularly in Nashville.
- The fact that gender is still part of the industry’s conversations.
- Emma likes the business aspect of being a musician.
- Emma starting her own record label.
- “I am a control freak.”
- The song “That’s Why I Drink.” Would jumping into a stranger’s car for a podcast and cheeseburgers be another reason?
- Does everyone from Nashville eat hot chicken?
- I sampled Haymarket’s burger special for next Monday (12/9): It’s a double burger with oyster mushrooms and blue cheese on a pretzel roll. It was so, so good. Get that, a 12 oz. beer and a shot for $15 on Monday!
- The public faces we wear, and how that ties into the title track of “The Actress” EP.
- What was her first performing experience?
THIS WEEK’S EPISODE IS SPONSORED BY “A MERRY PUNKING CHRISTMAS” AT REGGIE’S (SATURDAY 12/7), STARRING NERF HERDER!