[podcast src=”https://html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/9738473/height/90/theme/custom/thumbnail/yes/direction/forward/render-playlist/no/custom-color/88AA3C/” height=”90″ width=”100%” placement=”top” theme=”custom”]
Paul Ciolino and Lupe Aguirre of The Chicago PoPo Report (Saturdays 7-9 p.m. on WLS-AM 890) jump in my car to talk about crime and punishment. Discussed this week:
- We got breaded steak sandwiches from Freddie’s on 31st, a “total cop restaurant.”
- Paul and Lupe are trailblazers.
- The seemingly-imminent legalization of marijuana in Illinois.
- Is Chicago the violent dystopia we see reported on the news?
- “You go to the east of the Cell, you’ve got a problem.”
- What do people get wrong in their perception of the police?
- “It’s easy to escalate a situation.”
- What moments stand out as most positive in their police work?
- “Every day, you get a chance to be impactful.”
- Lupe has a very calming influence, to the point where I wanted to tell him where I buried the bodies.
- Paul was described as an “all-around pain in the backside” by Chicago Magazine.
- How “Chicago” is Paul? We should test his blood.
- “You never know what’s on the other side of that door.”
- “ALWAYS look at people’s hands.”
- “No one’s ever gotten shot with a foot.”
- Are things worse now than they were when Paul and Lupe each started in law enforcement?
- “Gangsters are going to get guns.”
- “We could drive six blocks and buy… a nice gun.”
- The only difference between the PoPo Report on WLS-AM and the PoPo Report on Car Con Carne: Profanity!
- Paul and Lupe should have done a ride along with me.
- Paul took a shot of marinara to the hoodie. Good thing he was wearing a vest.
- Lupe is “Hollywood Handsome.”
- The parallel universe that is Aldi.
- “Most criminals are stupid shits… I’ve never met a criminal who retired rich.”
- The book “American Kingpin”: I HIGHLY recommend it.
Car Con Carne is presented by The Autobarn Mazda of Evanston.Google Play Music iTunes Stitcher