Indie rock trio Sunshine Boys (Dag Juhlin, Freda Love Smith, Jackie Schimmel) jumped in the Mazda 3 for vegan food from Veggie Grill on this week’s episode.
Discussed this week:
- “The vibe is kind of like Chipotle, but the food is all vegan.”
- The next Sunshine Boys release: Nashville Hot Chik’n?
- Dag and Freda’s earlier bands (The Slugs/Blake Babies) were in circulation at the same time “back in the day.” Were they aware of one another back then?
- The fertile creative ground of Monk’s Pub.
- The brilliantly-named “Sex Ritter”
- Is it easier or harder to find kindred spirits in music as you move further along in the music world?
- The Chicago “L” makes a lot of appearances on this episode.
- The debut album “Blue Music” and the vinyl release show happening at Montrose Saloon (11/24).
- Is crowdfunding the new model for musicians?
- Why won’t anyone let Sunshine Boys cook and do a house show for them?
- Freda’s a freaking Blake Baby.
- The music of “Blue Music.”
- Dag is fierce when he throws down his rap battles.
- Dag’s tacos fell apart at the very beginning of the meal.
- Sunshine Boys are playing the WGN-TV Morning News on Black Friday.
Car Con Carne is presented by: