Jared Louche from CHEMLAB jumps in the car for a chat in front of Metro as Cold Waves VIII kicked off! Jared is a charismatic, intelligent, well-spoken, wildly creative guy with a dark past that he owns as he continues to look forward. Discussed on the show:
- Jared “carries a lot of stories with him.”
- Remembering Jamie Duffy, whose life is celebrated at Cold Waves.
- The “unreality” of working in the restaurant business.
- Chicago is “home” to Jared.
- Chemlab calling it quits in Chicago… then taking it back.
- The musicians in Jared’s band who constantly inspire him.
- The importance of new ideas being introduced to industrial music.
- The early days of Chemlab.
- Industrial is “machine rock.”
- The challenge or running an indie label
- Jared did *all* the drugs before going sober 20 years ago. The new motto: “No smack, no crack, no pills, no powders… “
- “I was a complete and utter fuck-up.”
- “He’s dead now, because of me.”
Car Con Carne is presented by the Autobarn Mazda of Evanston