This week, I’m joined by Turnspit members Gillian McGhee and Jason Swearingen for hummus and falafel from Sultan’s Market (2057 W North Ave, Chicago, IL 60647).
PRESENTED BY BOOST MOBILE
Turnspit performs a stunning new song called “Walk Away,” but before that happens, we discuss:
- I got a fish soda, but it’s not a real fishy-fish soda, so it’s okay.
- The vomit incident that preceded the last Turnspit show (“it was super gross”)
- Turnspit history: “Don’t ever ask Jason to start at the beginning”
- The major shows they’ve been part of, sharing the stage with Alkaline Trio and Lawrence Arms
- The state of the Chicago music community
- What do Turnspit and INXS have in common?
- The future of Turnspit (it involves live shows and new music)
- The Boost Mobile Social Media Message of the Week: How previous guest Doll Spit inspired two different Car Con Carne listeners