Hard Rock Cafe: Chicago has been in River North for 33 years; its sign is one of the most iconic landmarks in downtown Chicago. Now, decades into the chain’s history, the menu has been completely revamped.
Walking me through the new Hard Rock menu are Chicago GM Clarence Choffel and Hard Rock International Corporate Sales Marketing Manager Loren Hall. Covered on this week’s show:
- Why Chicagoans need to come back to HRC. Screw the tourists.
- Milkshakes: Boozy and non-boozy. We had non-boozy shakes, because car. And they were delicious.
- The three-cheese & Roma tomato flatbread feels guilt-free.
- Ribs and wings: Never okay for the car.
- American cheese is the best-melting cheese.
- The Buffalo-style slider is my jam. Also, there’s whiskey bacon jam on another slider.
- I ATE GOLD: We had the 24-karat gold leaf steak burger. It’s a 1/2 pound steak burger topped with 24-karat edible gold leaf. Seriously. How does it taste? Rich.
- Tonight was not the night to use the Autobarn Mazda of Evanston’s Mazda CX-9. I made a mess.
- The memorabilia at Hard Rock Cafe: The Hendrix guitar at the Chicago location is a show-stopper.
- The HRC’s four mottos: They still hold up.