[podcast src=”https://html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/10256924/height/90/theme/custom/thumbnail/yes/direction/forward/render-playlist/no/custom-color/87a93a/” width=”100%” height=”90″ scrolling=”no” class=”podcast-class” frameborder=”0″ placement=”top” use_download_link=”use_download_link” download_link_text=”” primary_content_url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/carconcarnepodcast/Garry_CCC.mp3″ theme=”custom” custom_color=”#87a93a” libsyn_item_id=”10256924″ /]
Radio Hall of Fame member Garry Meier jumps in the Mazda CX-9 on the eve of his weeklong fill-in doing mornings on WLS-AM 890.
It’s been five years since Garry was last heard hosting a show on terrestrial radio, so we talk a bit about that. We also talk about his excellent daily podcast, “The Garry Meier Show.”
- Podcasting is no longer witchcraft.
- What is Garry’s general feeling toward radio in the present day?
- The Loop back in the Garry Meier era: Sodom and Gomorrah?
- Does Garry’s audience allow him to evolve as an air personality?
- How Garry sees the world, as a talk radio host?
- What would Garry say to prospective broadcasters?
- Garry feels weird about eating on camera.
- What was it like recently reconnecting with Kevin Matthews?
- The Radio Hall of Fame honorific.
- The personal high points of Garry’s career.
- Chicago’s relationship with radio stars.
- The worst radio crutches.
- Where did people with work ethics go?
Car Con Carne is presented by the Autobarn Mazda of Evanston.