Denis Buckley, frontman of 88 Fingers Louie, joins me for tacos at El Cid II (2645 Kedzie).
This week’s episode is sponsored by the good people at BOOST MOBILE.
Discussed this week:
- My first experience with El Cid, during a particularly reckless period.
- Denis’s celebrated return to El Cid.
- The long-awaited new 88 Fingers Louie album, “Thank You for Being a Friend.”
- The band’s recent European tour (“in some ways it felt like a week had passed since the last time”).
- My experience at Harley-Davidson’s Riding Academy (my left/clutch hand is still numb… should I be concerned?).
- The amazing (well-deserved) round of reviews the band’s received for the new album.
- Why I’m not a “malaka.”