This week, it’s a preview of this year’s Ribfest Chicago, happening June 14-16. The Mazda lands in bucolic Huntley, Illinois for a visit to BBQ King ( 11706 Coral St, Huntley, IL 60142), one of the many fine restaurants participating in Ribfest.
It’s a full house this week, as I’m joined by BBQ King owner Jason Szmurlo, Ribfest spokesperson Brad Ball and my radio pal/101 WKQX co-worker Eric Kristensen.
Discussed on this week’s show:
- We eat way too much food from BBQ King. We’re not complaining. The burnt ends are amazing.
- The burnt ends rub is surprising… perhaps because of the Italian seasoning.
- We take the burnt ends bareback.
- We wore our fat pants for the recording. No regrets.
- The Pretzel Bomb landed BBQ King on terrorist watch lists.
- We got wet naps delivered right to the car!
- The music line-up at Ribfest is awesome.
- You can likely find a mate at Ribfest.
- Why are men shamed for cargo shorts?
- Jason and Eric went to high school together, and talk about what they were like back then.