Tony Lovato of Mest joined me for a conversation on the release of the new album “Masquerade,” which coincides with the 20th anniversary of the Mest album “Wasting Time.” The band headlined two shows at the 350 Brewing Company’s Insanity Factory in Tinley Park over the weekend. On a related note, 350 remains one of Car Con Carne’s favorite places on earth. Great food. Great drink. Great hospitality. Punk rock vibe.
Discussed this episode:
- The “Peter Pan”-like world of being a musician.
- Revisiting “Wasting Time” after 20 years.
- The new album: Writing it and its inspirations.
- The original line-up playing together, and how unlikely that thought was ten years ago.
- The band flyers I had to urge Mest to “clean up” many years ago.
- Mest’s record deal, and how crazy their signing was.
- Tony as a dad, who also happens to be a frontman.
- I knew Tony when he was 17, which is crazy to me.
Car Con Carne is sponsored by C&H Financial Services