Lagunitas Tap Room is an oasis. It’s an adult wonderland. And if you haven’t been there, you must make plans to spend a night there. It’s super easy to get to (roughly 10 minutes south of 290 on California), with a super secure, super giant, lot. Joining me for food from the Lagunitas Tap Room is artist and art curator Chris Pienta. Chris curates the gorgeous art you see when you get upstairs to the tap room area, which includes some of his own rock-inspired creations. Discussed this week:
- How Chris started working with Lagunitas.
- The Lagunitas Tap Room food. We tried the Hogunitas (Carnitas, bacon, ham, cartelized onion, dijonnaise, swiss cheese, & sliced pickles on a cuban roll),smoked wings and brisket nachos. This is NOT your typical tap room fare.
- Chris presented me with two original art pieces: A David Bowie print, and an original portrait of me. Both are jawdropping, and I’m not worthy of his talent and gifts. See below for a picture of my portrait!
- Lagunitas Hoppy Refresher is probably the most delicious non-alcoholic drink I’ve ever had (even though I couldn’t remember the name as we were drinking it out of a carafe).
- Accepting a picture of myself is like something Vladmir Putin would do.
- Chris’s musical inspirations and first concert (Steel Wheels tour!).
- How Chris broke out of… New York?
- The spicy Lagunitas wings are… spicy. I’m still sweating.
- Why I no longer smoke meats.
Car Con Carne is sponsored by C&H Financial Services.