Jason Narducy (Bob Mould, Split Single, Superchunk, Verbow, Verboten, Jason and Alison, so much more) met me for conversation and THE MOTHERLOAD at City Barbeque in Park Ridge (123 N Northwest Pkwy, Park Ridge, IL 60068). City Barbeque basically set us up with one of everything. I’m still wrestling with the meat sweats as I type this.
Advance warning: Verboten: The Musical is opening January 26th at the Chopin Theatre!
This episode is sponsored by C & H Financial Services. C&H will also upgrade your business to THE INDUSTRY’S LEADING Point of Sale system to streamline every aspect of your business for NO COST.
Discussed this week:
- The similarities between my car and Jason’s grandmother’s car.
- The first time Jason and I met. No way would he remember.
- Bob Mould’s Riot Fest set, and the things that made it special to Jason.
- What makes Guided By Voices tick? It’s beer.
- The lasting impact of Bob Mould’s “Workbook” album.
- Bob Mould is going to rage to his grave.
- Bob Mould’s band doesn’t practice? Seriously?
- Our friendship is at “tin shareable” level.
- The mythology of Jason’s first band, Verboten, has grown into something epic.
- The correlation between Jason and Dave Grohl.
- Verboten: The Musical. OPENING JANUARY 26 AT THE CHOPIN THEATRE!
- Mike Mills is playing on the new Split Single album. MIKE FREAKING MILLS. Jason: “I was obviously thrilled that he said (he’d play on the album).”
- The first time Jason played in front of Mike Mills was awkward.
- What the future holds for Jason.