This week, it’s two guests in one car: Joshua, owner of Passion House Coffee Roasters, and Justin and Emily from indie band Engines.
We all met outside the Logan Square Passion House location and discussed:
- The house-made Passion House coffee syrups are phenomenal.
- “My State of Mind,” the new charity cold brew done in collaboration with SocialWorks (Chance the Rapper’s charity). It’s light and really easy to drink.
- The Car Con Carne car is a safe space.
- How Joshua grew (and continues to grow) Passion House.
- The band’s heads turned at the mention of “nearby head shop.”
- Pinball is the best game ever.
- Engines band history.
- Emily’s voice is awesome.
- The curious current status of Engines: “You’re still a band, right?” There are some personnel questions.
- How does an independent coffee establishment like Passion House compete against all the other coffee choices out there?
Car Con Carne is presented by the Autobarn Mazda of Evanston