This week, guitar great/Grammy winner/John Mayer band member Isaiah Sharkey joins me for phenomenal food from Stefani Prime (6755 N. Cicero). Here’s what we discussed over steak sandwiches, risotto and charcuterie (thanks, Anthony!):
- The best Steely Dan album.
- Isaiah’s fantastic new album, “Love is the Key (Cancerian Theme).”
- How did Isaiah hook up with John Mayer? (Hint: The Roots played a role.)
- Set list strategy, and the importance of mixing it up night after night.
- How does it feel for Sharkey, a Chicago native, to play the United Center?
- The joy of inserting cover songs into the John Mayer live show.
- Is John Mayer the tallest man in rock?
- How much does spirituality play into Isaiah’s life?
- Childhood in Cabrini Green.
- The value of parenting.
- Isaiah writes “baby-making” songs: “There’s not enough love songs.”
- There’s nothing like a good horn section.
Car Con Carne is presented by the Autobarn Mazda of Evanston.