The women of PS Burlesque join me this week in advance of their new show, “Dorothy Does Oz,” a Wizard of Oz-themed nerdlesque.
Trash Bandicooch (PS Burlesque marketing, improperly referred to as “Crash Bandicooch” early in the episode), Layla Bird (“Dorothy Does Oz” writer) and Baum- Shell Belle (Dorothy) join me for burlesque conversation and pizza from Big G’s in Wrigleyville.
Discussed this week:
- Mac & cheese pizza!
- I was brought to tears as Trash Bandicooch was telling a story.
- The origin story (nerdlesque-friendly term) of PS Burlesque.
- How did Layla approach writing Wizard of Oz from a burlesque perspective?
- Is Chicago’s burlesque/nerdlesque scene competitive?
- Sex positivity: Explained!
- GO SEE “DOROTHY DOES OZ!”
Car Con Carne is presented by the Autobarn Mazda of Evanston