[podcast src=”https://html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/10409993/height/360/theme/standard/thumbnail/no/direction/forward/” width=”100%” height=”360″ scrolling=”no” class=”podcast-class” frameborder=”0″ placement=”top” use_download_link=”” download_link_text=”” primary_content_url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/carconcarnepodcast/PS_BURLESQUE11.mp3″ theme=”standard” custom_color=”87a93a” libsyn_item_id=”10409993″ /]
The women of PS Burlesque join me this week in advance of their new show, “Dorothy Does Oz,” a Wizard of Oz-themed nerdlesque.
Trash Bandicooch (PS Burlesque marketing, improperly referred to as “Crash Bandicooch” early in the episode), Layla Bird (“Dorothy Does Oz” writer) and Baum- Shell Belle (Dorothy) join me for burlesque conversation and pizza from Big G’s in Wrigleyville.
Discussed this week:
- Mac & cheese pizza!
- I was brought to tears as Trash Bandicooch was telling a story.
- The origin story (nerdlesque-friendly term) of PS Burlesque.
- How did Layla approach writing Wizard of Oz from a burlesque perspective?
- Is Chicago’s burlesque/nerdlesque scene competitive?
- Sex positivity: Explained!
- GO SEE “DOROTHY DOES OZ!”
Car Con Carne is presented by the Autobarn Mazda of Evanston