It’s local band mayhem as representatives from three bands cram in the Mazda outside the fantastic Two Brothers Roundhouse (205 N Broadway, Aurora, IL 60505). I’m joined this week by:
Zak from Sleeping Under 47
Caitlin Edwards of Caitlin Edwards
Adam and Zach from Blind Adam and the Federal League
All three artists are playing at Two Brothers Roundhouse on 3/22, supporting headliner Blind Adam and the Federal League as they play their 7″ release show.
Each artist performed in the car on this episode. Respectively:
- Blind Adam plays “Mansions on the Boulevard” (the A-side of the upcoming 7″)
- Caitlin Edwards plays a new song: “When the Lights Go On”
- Sleeping Under 47 plays “I Don’t Know”
Discussed this week:
- Zak from Sleeping Under 47 would win a beard-off, if we had such a contest in the car.
- We had multiple mishaps with the dashboard camera mount, the result was a “found footage”-like horror movie. We lost some valuable Blind Adam interview material as a result (though it lives forever in the Facebook Live video).
- Adam and Zak both had Roundhouse Burgers: They loved them!
- Zach had vegetables to make us all look like assholes.
- Caitlin enjoyed her Steak Tacos.
- I had the Brewer’s Reuben; it’s made with brisket. Holy crap!
- The social awareness of Blind Adam. Is he “woke?”
- The origin of “Blind Adam.”
- Bouncing Souls’ role in Blind Adam’s evolution as a person and musician.
- Caitlin gives her musical history.
- The warmth of the scene: Three different bands coexist in one car, and one stage!
- Sleeping Under 47’s 17-year history: Did I play them when I worked on the Zone in the early aughts?
- “I Don’t Know” is one of the best Sleeping Under 47 songs, and its background is heavier than you might expect on first listen.
- Two Brothers Roundhouse is like an adult playground.
Car Con Carne is presented by The Autobarn Mazda of Evanston.
Thanks to Two Brothers Roundhouse for their hospitality this week!