Denis Buckley and Dan “Mr. Precision” Wleklinski of long-running Chicago punk legends 88 Fingers Louie join me for a trip to “Krampus: A Haunted Christmas,” a Christmas-themed haunted house on the site of the 13th Floor haunted house in Melrose Park. It was incredibly well done, and we wish it was year-round.
Discussed in this week’s show:
- Mr. Precision rigged up the CX-9 like a recording studio.
- The tactical decision to go with Chipotle instead of Bakers Square.
- The awesomeness of the Krampus haunted house.
- We think the haunted house could be year-round, and we imagine what a St. Patrick’s theme could look like.
- Why did all the ladies of the haunted house fall in love with Mr. Precision? Was it his hair? His hammer?
- Laugh tracks are added in post.
- With this episode, Denis makes his fourth appearance on Car Con Carne… but he’s not in first place.
- Sandwich idea: “Thank you for being a vegetarian special.”
- The band’s getting ready to head to Costa Rica, something that never happened in the band’s first run.
- Mr. Precision’s remixes of 88’s old albums: Was he hearing stuff the fans weren’t hearing? “Knowing as much as I know…. I’ve always wanted to get my hands on it.”
- If you like Schlong, you’re gonna love 88 Fingers Louie.
- THE FIRST CAR CON CARNE “REMOTE” IS COMING! Lots of guests planned for 12/22!
- 88’s upcoming gig in the lilac village of Lombard on 12/21, opening for the mighty Pegboy.
- Denis’s audition process to join 88 Fingers Louie: Mr. Precision doesn’t remember much.
- Park Ridge landmarks: The Sandlot wasn’t always the Sandlot.
- Remembering the Fireside Bowl.
- The mature 88 Fingers is the best 88 Fingers.
Mentioned in this week’s show:
Traci from Hot Lips Messiah
Josh Caterer from Smoking Popes
Tyler Wildey of Epic Deli
Schlong, the band
Daryl Wilson from the Bollweevils
Take the Reins
Car Con Carne is presented by: