Kyle from Soothsayer Hot Sauce joins me for pizza from the thrice-visited Dante’s Pizza (2825 N Milwaukee Ave, Chicago, IL 60618).
Discussed in this episode, presented by The Autobarn Mazda of Evanston (who provided a gorgeous CX-9 for this week’s show):
- The literal dumpster fire outside Kyle’s place.
- We sample all three Soothsayer sauces: Omen, Perdition (Soothsayer’s flagship) and Harbinger.
- We eat Dante’s “Slice of the Day,” which is basically an Italian Beef on a pizza.
- Everything Kyle learned about product placement, he learned from Wayne’s World.
- The origin of Soothsayer hot sauces. There are two versions: The truth, and what Kyle tells the public.
- Soothsayer sauces aren’t meant to be “belligerently hot.”
- Soothsayer has already released 27 different varieties of hot sauce.
- “A little dampness on the temples” is the sign of a good hot sauce.
- “You make punk rock hot sauce?”
- Soothsayer sauces are all made with fresh ingredients, nothing is fermented.
- “My nose is running… I’m in tears as I’m talking here.”
- The Soothsayer Malort hot sauce: “I absolutely love Malort.”
- I’m the guy who exposed Soothsayer to the Loop.
- The Mazda CX-9 is nicer than Kyle’s living room.